- Install a Bitname WordPress stack.Choose a local install, turn off “in the Cloud”
- On your production WordPress site, install plugin Duplicator
- Create a backup with Duplicator
note: you might want to exclude wp-contents/uploads and transfer that manually
- Save the installer and the backup archive in your Bitnami/wordpress/apache/htdocs directory.
Make sure this directory is empty, and just contains these 2 files.
- Start in a browser: localhost/installer.php
note: use login: root and password provided at Bitnami installation.
- New settings dialog:
empty: Path (if it shows a localpath, remove this)